Hooked on Success: MassWildlife’s Angling License Campaign
MassWildlife, the steward of freshwater fish and wildlife in Massachusetts, is on a mission to conserve the state’s natural treasures. They tirelessly work to restore, protect, and manage wildlife habitats, ensuring that both nature and outdoor enthusiasts thrive. In addition to their conservation efforts, MassWildlife offers educational programs, workshops, and resources to foster a deeper appreciation for wildlife conservation among residents.
In 2021 and 2022, we had the privilege of collaborating with MassWildlife on a dynamic ad campaign spanning Google and Social Media platforms. The primary objective of this campaign was to retain avid anglers, reignite interest from former license holders, and entice potential new license buyers to purchase official MassWildlife freshwater fishing licenses. By employing a strategic approach, we targeted a diverse range of audiences, including outdoor generalist women anglers, out-of-state outdoor enthusiasts new to fishing, and local nature enthusiasts.
MassWildlife is the guardian of Massachusetts’ freshwater fish and wildlife, serving as the protector of endangered species, habitats, and outdoor recreational opportunities. Their commitment to conservation extends to providing educational resources that foster a deeper understanding and appreciation of wildlife.
Impact and Results
Our strategic approach included the following key elements:
- Audience Expansion: We identified and engaged new audiences, including outdoor generalist women anglers and out-of-state novice fishers, using tailored interests and zip code targeting.
- Social Media Ads: Engaging and visually appealing social media advertisements were crafted to capture the attention of potential license buyers.
- Google Ads: Strategic Google ads complemented the campaign, reaching a broader audience interested in fishing.
The campaign delivered impressive results:
- Over 6.7 Million Impressions: The campaign achieved a remarkable reach, generating over 6.7 million impressions.
- 55,000 Website Link Clicks: A total of 55,000 link clicks directed users to the MassWildlife website for fishing license information.
- Over 1 Million Reach: The campaign reached over a million potential license buyers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Reduced CPC: The Cost Per Click (CPC) decreased from $.67 to $.49 compared to the previous year, reflecting cost-efficiency.
In conclusion, the collaboration between Tomo360 and MassWildlife produced outstanding results in promoting freshwater fishing licenses. By expanding the audience and employing effective social media and Google ads, the campaign not only achieved its objectives but also reduced costs. This case study underscores the effectiveness of strategic digital marketing in engaging and expanding the outdoor enthusiast community.
Website Link Clicks on Social Media Ads.
CPC Reduction, decreasing from $.67 from the previous year.
Impressions on Social Media Ads.